Monday, June 2, 2014

1st Blogiversary


Happy belated Birthday to The Blushing Dreamer! I know it's a day late, but here's to turning 366 days old. Just a year ago, I was writing down ideas, deciding on color schemes, learning the basics of html and how to use Blogger. It's incredible how much something can grow in a couple of months, especially in a year. In my first entry, I mentioned how I hoped my blog would make you smile, laugh or act as a source of inspiration. From your support and feedback in the past year, I know I've completed my challenge - so thank YOU. I might not have the prettiest layout or a thousand followers, but I love how far this blog has come.

With a new year ahead, I have some new ideas up my sleeve. Summer is just beginning has begun and I have so many outfit ideas to try! It's also the perfect time to try out new DIY projects - especially with Independence day only a month away. I might be trying a new series too, so bear with me.

I know the last few months have been somewhat of a blur, but honestly, I haven't found any real inspiration. After starting my new job, my schedule changed and I found less time for blogging. I had hoped that after my 10K, things would be different, but then I tried Yoga and the nights got even longer. Don't get me wrong, I love Yoga - so much that I signed up to take classes for the next 3 months! But I don't want to make excuses either. The truth is I'd rather sleep than stay up late trying to come up with a new post idea, much less staying up to write nonsense. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I do miss writing more regularly. Finding a balance isn't easy, but it's something I'd like to work towards. A new challenge accepted, perhaps? You'll just have to wait and see!

Thank you for reading and thank you for following. Can't wait to see my blog continue to grow in the next year. If year two is anything like year one, I'm excited for the future. Tomorrow will be the first of a new series and I'm so excited to share it with y'all - so be on the look out! Happy Monday fellow dreamers!

2 comments :

  1. Happy blogiversary! I just had mine yesterday, too (3 years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, happy blog birthday! So excited for you, lady. Here's to another year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!