Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer '14

View from Mount Bonnell
Today marks the beginning of a new series! In the past, I've shared goals and bucket lists on the blog, but I've decided to make it a little more formal with a seasonal series. Instead of staying specific to a season or coming up with a set number, I'm going to go with the flow and see where I end up by fall! I know summer is still weeks away, but I thought I'd get a head start - especially since Spring is long gone here in Texas.

100 Miles Challenge: I did this last year, except for the fact I tried to run too many miles in too short of a time frame at the end. This year I'm trying to fit 100 miles in 2 months. I started June 1st exactly, so I'd say I'm off to a good start!

Share a Summer Snack recipe on the blog: I'm still not the most patient when it comes to cooking, but summer snacks are quick and easy, right? Quick and easy is my motto for any recipe I'm sharing - so be on the look out.

Stick to my brand new budget: I finally created a somewhat realistic budget - or so I think. I've started making a checklist for each payday to make sure bills are paid, but also to save for snocones, gas, and oh yeah, food. #priorities Keeping my fingers crossed I can stick to it!

Spend more time outside: It might be hot outside, but it's the perfect time for a dip in the pool. As long as the sun is shining, I don't mind the heat. It's no fun working all day when the weather is perfect, so I definitely want to take advantage of my weekends and head out for a hike or two.

Get a facial: I'm all about good skincare. After reading hundreds of beauty blogs and articles, I've learned to follow a simple regimen - cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Still, I've always wanted to try a facial. I've heard it's pricey, but maybe I'll find a Groupon deal?

That's it folks. I'm keeping my sumer goals simple with a short list. Some are difficult and some are just a matter of making things happen, but either way I'm excited! It's my favorite season after all. Any goals for you this summer? Anyone have tips on building a budget or where to get a facial? Happy Tuesday, lovelies!

8 comments :

  1. I love find fellow Austinites' blogs! I definitely can relate to the "spend more time outside" goal. The Texas heat always makes me wanna hide inside, but after working inside all week the last thing I should do is spend my weekends indoors as well! I can't wait to go to Barton Creek again :)

    Rachel
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these goals, they are realistic & you can use the blogging community to help you. Can't wait to see how far you've come, come the end of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals sound good. I hope you come far with all your great goals;3


    much love,
    kelpasdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I can't wait to hear how you do! Facials are such a lovely and relaxing treat. I'm sure you will be glad you tried it!
    Www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you found my little blog. Can't wait to hit my favorite Austin spots this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I love making new goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try it, I've heard so many great things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!