Friday, July 25, 2014

Lovely Links Friday

Little Texas in my teacup :)
I know I mentioned an outfit post, but guess who decided to get sick in the middle of vacation?  That's right, this girl.  And in the middle of summer, no less.  No fun, y'all, no fun.  Between taking naps and blowing my nose all week, I spent the rest of my time catching up with the world wide web.  It's been a while, so why not share my favorite links on this lovely friday?

Rule of Three: If you haven't heard of the Unfancy capsule wardrobe yet, it's a must read.  Personally, I'm not sure if it's something I could stick to, but for now, I'm loving this "rule of three".  It's a good starting point for aspiring minimalists like myself.

Shoes: They might not be this summer's hottest trend, but I was in dire need.  When you feel like you're running barefoot, something's not right.  My feet were fitted, my running observed, and now I await my dream pair of shoes!

President Candidates: Politics and real people aside, I thought this was hilarious.  I'm a little sad Luke Skywalker beat out Yoda, but then again, who doesn't love a witty article?

Mary Poppins Quits: Again, politics aside - how cute is this video?  First she can act, then she sings, and now she can pull of Mary Poppins?  So jealous.  And whether you agree with it or not, you must admit the song was brilliant.

Chains: No shame, I totally fangirled over the Jonas Brothers in high school.  And I'll be the first to admit I was distraught a bit sad when they broke up, but I digress.  If you liked Nick(the talented one) at all, give this a listen - it's different, but surprisingly good.

Pasta: Doesn't it look delicious?  Asparagus, yum; lemon flavor, yum; pasta, yes please.  Minimalist Baker is genius. I can't get enough of these easy ingredient recipes.  Have I mentioned I'm an aspiring minimalist?

Lastly, a quick adios to Indiana Adams from Adored Austin, aka the brains behind Texas Style Council.  If any of you Austinites are free this evening, make sure to RSVP and say bye to one of Austin's blogger legends.  Luckily, I'm feelings tons better, my voice is back, and I can make it!  So excited to hangout with blogger friends and perhaps, find some new blogging inspiration. Happy Friday, lovelies.

2 comments :

  1. great finds, I love posts like this! the Unfancy blog is fascinating and so inspiring! I'm like, jeez, if she can look that chic everyday with those few items...I am waaaayyy over-doing it! thanks for sharing!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!