Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bananas for Blueberry Ice Cream

Yum!
You know when bananas get spotty and lose all appeal, even when your friends keep telling you ripe bananas are the best?  Trust me, I get it.  The moment I see a big spot, I can't eat it.  I let it sit and yeah, eventually it becomes smelly and/or completely spotted.  Now if you're like me, this happens more often than not.  Sometimes you forget how many are left and then you're stuck with one too many ripe bananas.  Of course you could throw them away, but them your trash gets smelly too.

Solution: Make ICE CREAM!

Banana ice cream that is.  Not only is it sweet and delicious, it's healthy and light.  Guess how many ingredients? Just one!  Unless you want flavoring, it's just bananas!  No longer do I feel guilty eating ice cream out of the container.  Also because I only make enough for one or two servings, but I digress.  I'm so excited to share my little recipe with you!  Besides snocones, this has been my favorite frozen treat of the summer.  My recipe might include a couple extra ingredients, but only for extra flavor.  Feel free to add whatever you like and most of all, enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 RIPE Bananas
1/4 Cup of Blueberries
1 Tsp of Cinnamon Sugar

Instructions:
1. Peel and slice bananas into 4 sections.
2. Leave bananas in freezer for 2 - 3 hours or until almost frozen.
3. Blend the bananas for 30 seconds.
4. Add blueberries and cinnamon sugar.
5. Blend for 1 minute.
6. Enjoy! If you like your ice cream frozen, place in freezer for an extra 30 minutes.

P.S. I know it's only three photos, but I finished my bowl before I remembered to take more.  #sorrynotsorry

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!