Thursday, August 14, 2014

Resolutions Check In

It may be August already, but let's just pretend it's July for a second, okay?  It's still the second half of the year, so let's check in on my new years resolutions.  Confession: I still have yet to purchase a planner.  So as I write this, I no longer have any idea what my new years resolutions are.  I do remember I wanted "to sleep more", but honestly speaking, I am always working on this.  Thank goodness for blogger archives, right?

Let's look back shall we...

Read more: I haven't done the best job.  My goal was to get through at least 12 books and I'm barely at 2.  I remember reading The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, and...?  Yeah, not so good.  I start off ambitious and begin a bunch of books, but then I have a hard time finishing them.  I'm currently reading Insurgent - the second book to Divergent, fingers crossed I finish this soon!

Volunteer more:  I'm still volunteering with a local animal shelter, but I have to admit I've stopped helping out at the food bank.  I loved helping out - I just haven't participated in a while.  Luckily, living in the Austin community means plenty of volunteer opportunities.  Hoping I can help out this local organization during the 2014-2015 school year.

Run more:  I made it to the 10K!  It was quite the challenge, but crossing the finish line is something I'll always remember.  My running routine might have fallen off track once I started taking yoga classes, but I'm still running.  Thanks to my new running shoes and socks, I feel invincible every time I hit the pavement.

Dress up more: This goal may be my biggest success of the year, so far.  Working in a professional setting certainly helps, but incorporating my personal style into the workplace has been the best opportunity to experiment with color blocking, mixing prints, etc.  Be on the look out for career inspired outfits very soon!

Take vitamins: Short and sweet, I haven't taken a vitamin in weeks.  Take that back, one second ago.  How about those gummy vitamins...?  Sounds like an incentive already ;)

Sleep more: Can't lie, I've had my share of good and bad weeks this year.  With the recent blogging hiatuses, I've had plenty of sleep.  Not that I'm blaming blogging on my poor sleep patterns, but the truth is, I'm an evening writer and I can't won't go to sleep until my post is complete.  Any other bloggers the same way?

I might not be following every resolution perfectly, but I'm proud of the progress I've made so far.  The rest only leaves room for improvement, right?  Did you make any new years resolutions for 2014?  Whether or not you've stuck with them, just remember they're goals - not rules you have to follow.  Here's to running my life away, extra zzz's, and lots of laughter for the rest of 2014!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!