Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall '14

Guess who finally pulled out their "fall clothing"? This girl! The only thing is, last week's cold front has come and gone. I love the Texas heat, but I also love warm fall colors! It's hard to get in the fall mindset when every store is selling pretty sweaters, but you walk out to 80 plus degree weather. In the mean time, I've created a new list of seasonal goals for fall. Fingers crossed this will actually get me in the fall spirit!

Read 3 Non-Fiction books: With my recent interests in Feminism and actually keeping up with news around the world, I'd like to continue educating myself with non-fiction books. I gave in and purchased Lena's Not That Kind of Girl and have been blown away so far. I highly recommend it!

Become a Morning Runner: With daylight savings coming, I won't be able to run after work very often. Recently, I've started coming in to work early and getting in a workout. Turns out, it feels great! It might not be easy adjusting, but I'm willing to work towards...especially if I decide to run a half marathon. Oh gosh, have I gone crazy?

Go on a Hike: Even though the leaves haven't exactly changed colors, I can still go hiking - just preferably in the colder temps. Running the Austin trails is a lot of fun, but it's always nicer when you can actually take in the area around you. Hoping to plan a fun hike with friends sometime soon!

Find a Desk: I recently passed down my old desk to my little brother, leaving me desk-less. I won't lie, it's nice having the extra space and all, but I miss having my own space to write. After sprucing up my desk at work, I'd love to create a similar space for home. Blogging is so much more fun when you have a dedicated space.

Have a Pumpkin Milkshake: Going to college in the Northeast had its perks - an actual fall, a different culture, historical attractions, and my favorite - pumpkin milkshakes! It only lasted a couple weeks, but I made sure I visited our local diner plenty of times. Since I've been back in Austin, I have to yet to try another pumpkin milkshake that comes close. Might have to make my own, huh? Look out for a recipe this fall ;)

I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited now! These might not all be fall related, but it's a new season and that means new changes, right? What's on your list of things to do this fall? Have you made any new goals or a fun a bucket list? Anyone know of the perfect pumpkin milkshake recipe? Happy Thursday, fellow dreamers!

1 comment :

  1. Yay! Let's hike together? One of my fall goals is to tidy up my entire room and to make it more cozy for reading and writing, especially letting natural light come in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!