Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Post Surgery Reads

So this was the post I planned before my wisdom teeth surgery, except I forgot to hit "publish".  I'm still reading the books, so I'm posting it today, with a few changes. Enjoy!

Happy 14th day of October! Today I have the unfortunate pleasure having my wisdom teeth removed. It won't be pretty, but it's necessary - or so the doctors have said. Thankfully, my wisdom teeth was quick and easy. Anyways, to get through the boredom and pain, I've been putting together a reading list. The pain on the other hand, terrible. Just TERRIBLE. I can't say it enough, but it was terrible. Short, because I'm a slow reader and also because Gilmore Girls is finally available on Netflix! I'm glad I had these books but seriously, Good books vs. good episodes? #Priorities, y'all. I definitely indulged in some GG episodes, but check out my current reads!

The Best of Me: Wouldn't you know, another Before the Screen book. The last Nicholas Sparks book I read was The Last Song, don't judge. It was a beautiful story. I'm in 3 chapters and so far, so good. Finished the book last week and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. All I can say, is Nicholas Sparks makes me cry, every time. Let's just hope this movie actually lives up to the book, unlike the other.

Bossypants: Because I never finished it last year and I remember laughing out loud a couple times. Tina Fey's hilarious, witty, and practically besties with Amy Phoehler - so jealous(speaking of, can't wait for her book!!!).  Here's to finishing this book a second third time around. Laughter is the best medicine, right?  Started from the beginning yesterday, but I'm laughing like it's the first time - love it.

Eleanor & Park: Not quite sure where I heard about it, but it was on my reading list and the synopsis sounds wonderful. Boy meets girl, first love, star-crossed misfits, etc. Did I mention I'm a hopeless romantic? Haven't started it yet, but it's next!

So this is where I leave you. A short list of reads I hope to start and maybe even finish! In case you're wondering about "Lean In", I'll be honest - I haven't finished it yet.  Don't you just love how I jump from book to book without finishing it?  Me too.  Let me just say, it was such a good read, but eventually my rental expired and I was left e-bookless, again.  Even if I don't finish all of these books in the next week, here's to hoping I can get through them by the end of the year! Once I'm through with these, I'm hoping to get my hands on Lena's new book and possibly Amy's book - then I'll get back to "Lean In". Saving the best for last, right?

P.S. Speaking of Lena, have you seen this? #ASKLENA

P.S.S. Because 1989 can't come out soon enough, look out for TSwift's newest single "Out of the Woods"!

1 comment :

  1. You gotta finish Bossypants! It's soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!