Friday, March 27, 2015

The Sisterhood of TXSC Camp

Photo Credit: Logan Pearce Photography
Coming back from Texas Style Council Camp, I felt different. More vulnerable, more inspired, more confident, and best of all - a sister in a wide community of bloggers. Being the last year of TXSC, I decided to volunteer. Not only would it push me out of my comfort zone, but it would allow me to experience the weekend in a new light. As much as I love going to every session, I loved working behind the scenes and connecting with new blogger friends.

As you might have noticed, I haven't been on my blog game lately. I have no excuses, I just haven't felt inspired to write something. This month has been a roller coaster  of emotions and it's not something I usually talk write about. To be surrounded by a community of strong and intelligent women was inspiring. This weekend wasn't about "how to get over a blogging rut", "how to monetize your blog", or "how to be the next big thing" - it was about learning to support one another and creating a positive presence on the world wide web. We might have different numbers, cameras, or writing styles, but in the end - we are all creatives and blogging is our form of expression.

I don't know what the future holds for The Blushing Dreamer, but I'm going to take it one step at a time. I'm so grateful to have been part of the final TXSC conference and even more grateful to have had the opportunity to revisit my old camping grounds from Girl Scouts. It's not everyday you have the chance to visit a girl scout camp and make new blogger friends, am I right? Thanks to social media and camera phones, I'll cherish these memories forever!

Cheers to my new blogger friends!

2 comments :

  1. Love it. What a great vision for a conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so lovely to meet you at TxSC! :) I'm excited to follow you along and see what the future holds for you!


    xo Kimi
    twentysomethingsimple.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, you've really made my day!